In February 1998, we began accepting electronics recycling (E waste) in an effort to answer the growing necessity for an outlet by which to dispose of outdated technologies. In 2001, we purchased our first building and began recycling both ferrous and non-ferrous materials. In the subsequent year, we purchased our first roll-off truck and began the recycling of scrap steel.
Shortly thereafter, we began purchasing catalytic converters and selling them to processing facilities. In 2003, we started de-canning and processing our own catalytic converters, becoming the only catalytic converter de-canner in the state of Arizona. Then in January 2004, we ventured into a new area of recycling - automotive cores. A new division was formed that would be named Phoenix Automotive Cores. Phoenix Automotive Cores’ mission was to educate and empower those in the automotive cores industry. Through knowledge and experience, Phoenix Automotive Cores has changed the way automotive cores are bought, handled and sold.
What began as an idea to help the environment through the recycling of scrap metals became a catalyst by which automotive recyclers can become educated and empowered. Through our willingness to share our knowledge, practices and experience with others in the industry, Phoenix Group Metals has become a success, and forever changed the face of recycling by continually championing education, integrity, partnerships and innovation.
- Today, the Phoenix Group Metals family of companies has grown to employ a staff of more than 45 and enjoys a market as far-reaching as Europe and South America, and provides the following services:
- Processes catalytic converters
- Purchases more than 45,000 automotive cores each month
- Stocks more than 500,000 automotive parts at any given time
- Supplies automotive parts remanufacturers on a global level